February 11, 2021 - Pastor's Corner
As we continue our journey of extracting brief insights from Paul’s letter to the Philippians, let’s remember the overall theme of this letter: the gospel’s impact on our personal lives as expressed in a corporate setting.
For today, our specific focus is on 1:3-11. Take a quick moment to read the passage afresh. From these verses come the following insights:
- Commitment to the gospel produces thankfulness and joy.
- Commitment to the gospel produces confidence in God’s good work in making us complete in Jesus Christ regardless of how He chooses to do it.
- Commitment to the gospel produces deep affection for other believers.
- Commitment to the gospel produces prayers for other believers to grow in their faith, their total dependence on, and their commitment to Jesus.
- Commitment to the gospel produces confidence that because of Jesus we stand pure and blameless before God rather than in fear of judgment.
- Commitment to the gospel glorifies God and produces praise of God within us.
Grace and peace to you, church family, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!